It is one of the foundations of the Duotank Bag-In-Tank system. We constantly strive to improve our products to help you reduce your Scope 3 CO2 emissions. But we also believe that to make the world a better place, we need to start with ourselves. That is why we have voluntarily applied to the Science Based Target initiative to set and publish our CO2 emission reduction targets.
The Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) is driving ambitious climate action in the private sector by enabling organizations to set science-based emissions reduction targets. SBTi is a partnership between CDP, the United Nations Global Compact, the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). The SBTi Call to Action is one of the commitments of the We Mean Business Coalition.
Find out more about SBTi at https://sciencebasedtargets.org/about-us
As an SME, Duotank has set a target for Scope 1 and 2.
Duotank is committed to reducing absolute Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions by 42% by 2030 compared to the base year 2020. ”
In addition, we will start to measure and reduce Scope 3 emissions.
Duotank is a growing company. This leads to an increase in employee turnover, which can lead to an increase in GHG emissions, which clouds the efforts made to reduce GHG emissions. In addition, increasing internal efficiency and turnover does not necessarily reduce CO2 emissions. Therefore, in addition to the absolute internal target, Duotank has set the following targets:
- Reduce Scope 1 & 2 emissions per FTE by 42% below 2020 levels by 2025
- Reduce Scope 1 &2 emissions per €1000 turnover by 60% below 2020 by 2025.
What we have already done
In 2022, Duotank already achieved 50% of the target set for 2030!
- Since 2018, Duotank has set a target that every new company car must be (fully) electric. Since 2023, all our company cars are (fully) electric.
- In 2020, we expanded our factory. This new building is entirely fossil fuel-free.
- A heat pump heats it, and the roof of this new building is covered with solar panels. These panels already provide 1/3 of the energy needed for our entire factory.
- We developed a lightweight, all-electric beer delivery van and mobile hub to deliver beer to the city centre in a CO2 -neutral way.
- We have also developed a software platform to make tank beer delivery more efficient.
- The products used to make our kegs are sourced in Europe and, where possible, within a 300km radius of our factory. This helps to reduce environmental impact.
As you can see, Duotank has already put a lot of effort into reducing our and our customers’ CO2 emissions. But that is not all. In the coming years, we will focus on reducing the CO2 footprint of our products so that you can benefit too. Working with you so that we can improve together.
Download our GHG statement to see our CO2 reduction results to date.